Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Unusual Characters in Pulp Cthulhu

It has been a while since I posted about Pulp Cthulhu, so I thought I'd throw another item out there. The artists are working furiously, and hopefully things will all meet at one point soon.

While at Gen Con, the editor of Game Trade Magazine, Andrew Smith, handed me the August issue (#102). I happen to have a column in this issue about Pulp Cthulhu. In fact, the article includes a rare look at one of the unique character options available in the game - a Human Hybrid.

I cannot show the entire article, so I'm including a snippet. The complete stats are including in the article, with some interior art from Pulp Cthulhu by the artist Gwabryel. What is depicted in the article is a feral Deep One hybrid. These are fierce creatures/investigators, who have difficulty controlling their transformation. Yes, players can be hybrid humans, but you wouldn't like them when they are mad . . . or insane . . . or having a bad night.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Certainly looks pretty cool.

William Jones said...

Thanks, Charles. The critter is quite nasty in the roleplaying game. And I suspect it will make its way into some fiction as well. :)

Tim Knight said...

Oooh, you cruel tease... ;-)

William Jones said...

There does seem to be some teasing involved. :) Hopefully it won't be prolonged . . . much more.